- We are recruiting for an Operations Director
Latest news, 15 December 2016
- INQUEST’s statement of support for the Women’s March on London (21st Jan 2017)
Press releases, 18 January 2017
- Public Inquiry opens into the fatal police shooting of unarmed Anthony Grainger in 2012
Press releases, 13 January 2017
- Man’s family need answers after HMP Chelmsford electrocution death
INQUEST in the media, 10 January 2017
- ‘The prison system in England and Wales is in meltdown’
INQUEST in the media, 5 January 2017
- Inquest into the death of Dean Saunders in HMP Chelmsford begins on Monday 9 January
Press releases, 5 January 2017
- Teenage prisoner killed himself after staff failed to recognise history of self-harm
INQUEST in the media, 23 December 2016
- VULNERABLE TEENAGER FAILED BY PRISON SYSTEM
Press releases, 21 December 2016
17.01.17 Our casework team has opened 30 cases to date in 2017, and 518 in 2016.
11.01.17 There has been one self-inflicted death in immigration detention so far in 2017.
16.01.17 There were 345 deaths in prison in 2016, including 22 women, 16 young people aged 18-24, 3 homicides and 113 self-inflicted deaths.
31.12.16 Three deaths in immigration detention were reported in 2016, including one homicide.
31.12.16 There were 11 self-inflicted deaths of women in prison in 2016; more than twice the number in 2015.
‘At the time of the tragedy, I had no idea of what to do or who to turn to. By luck, I found yourselves and contacted you, the rest as we say is history. On behalf of [my brother's] family, friends and myself I would just like to thank you so much for your professional support and advice during that difficult period and without that help, I do not think we would be where we are today.’
– Brother of a man who died in police custody